The Milton fairgrounds were located in the northern limits of the borough of Milton. The grounds consisted of grandstands, a dirt race track, a judge's tower, stables, livestock show buildings, exhibit buildings, and an administrative building. On September 30, 1925, a group of arsonists set fire to the fairgrounds. All the structures were destroyed and were never rebuilt.
This pennant celebrates the Great Milton Fair of 1915. During the early 1900's, the Great Milton Fair was hosted every fall in northern Milton. Festivities included multiple days of dirt-track horse races. The last fair was held in 1925.
This sign advertises the Reid Tobacco Company, incorporated around 1890 by Marshall Reid. The company was a leading tobacco wholesaler in the United States. Many of the products sold by Reid Tobacco were manufactured exclusively for the company. The company was located at 100 Hepburn Street in Milton.
Starting in the late 1800's, Reid Tobacco Company of Milton was a leading tobacco wholesaler. Many products were produced exclusively for sale by the company. This cigar box advertises for "Milton Cigarros". Cigarros is the Spanish word for cigar.
This is an example of advertising material produced for Kreitzer Candy Company. Kreitzer Candy Company was a confectionery business started by John Henry Kreitzer in 1891. The company sold wholesale sweets, fruits, and nuts. John Henry Kreitzer also ran a grocery store, J.H. Kreitzer Wholesale Grocer.